Associate Professor University of Pavia; Tufts University
Alessandra Balduini, MD, has vast experience in research of stem cell and megakaryocyte biology, and also in the clinical aspects of the diseases related to platelets and clotting processes.
Before creating her research group in 2005, she was a staff physician in the laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, IRCCS San Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Italy. In 2004 she was a Visiting Professor at Dana Farber Cancer Institute at Harvard Medical School.
Academic and Synergistic Activities
1. Professor of Clinical Chemistry: Medical School, Biotechnology, Dental School- University of Pavia.
2. Professor of Clinical Chemistry: Schools of Specialization, Medical School- University of Pavia.
3. Member of the Board of Doctorate in Bioengineering, University of Pavia.
4. Coordinator of the Clinical Chemistry School of Specialization, University of Pavia.
5. Extensive undergraduate student research program, usually 4 students per semester
6. Undergraduate and Graduate students recruited from biotechnology, biology, medical school
1. International programs (research and graduate) with USA, France, Argentina and Japan.
2. International Student Exchange program referent- University of Pavia.
3. Exchange referent professor for the International society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH), Reach the world Education Program.
4. Exchange referent professor for the American Society of Haematology (ASH), Visitor Training Program.
5. Host supervisor for the Whitaker International Program.
6. Referent professor for European Hematology association (EHA)-Japanese Society of Hematology (JSH) Fellowship Exchange Program.